Pointe LNG, LLC and Pointe Pipeline Company, LLC is proposing to construct and operate a liquefied natural gas (LNG) facility on a 600-acre site on the east bank of the Mississippi River, in Plaquemines Parish, Louisiana. The Pointe LNG Project (Project), consists of an LNG facility and associated natural gas pipeline laterals with a total annual capacity of approximately 6.0 MTPA
• Three liquefaction trains: each capable of producing up to 2 metric tonnes per annum (MTPA) of LNG;
• Marine facilities: to allow for the berthing and loading of ships; and
• Two storage tanks: each with capacity of 160,000 cubic meters.
• Length: two natural gas pipeline laterals for a total of 6.6 miles
• Diameter: 36 inches
• Capacity: 900,000 million cubic feet per day
The Pointe LNG Project will support long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy by enabling accelerated liquefaction and delivery of LNG to power generation markets around the world.
Construction and operation of the facility and related pipeline laterals will result in a variety of community and economic benefits for southeastern Louisiana and Plaquemines Parish, specifically.